Mobile Fraud Prevention Tips:
- Don’t use your full or partial Social Security number as a Personal Identification Number (PIN), user ID or password.
- Consider a screen lock on your mobile device. This can help keep your phone and information secure.
- Don’t save your password, account number, PIN, answers to security questions or other such information on the mobile device.
- Be careful when downloading Apps. Downloads should always be from a trusted and approved source and endorsed by your mobile device provider.
- Install operating system updates for your device as they become available-they often include security updates.
- Be cautious about messages you receive on social networking sites that contain links. If you are suspicious, don’t click the link. Verify the validity of the message first.
- Make sure that your password is 8 or more characters and combines letters, numerals, and symbols. Don’t use the same user ID and password for your financial accounts as you do for other sites.
- Install anti-malware protection for your smart phone, tablet, e-reader or any other device that has mobile access to the internet.
Register for online banking
To access your accounts using one of our mobile apps, texting or online, you must be a registered for internet banking.