What is Identity Theft?
Identity Theft occurs when someone uses another persons identifying information such as their name, address, phone number, credit card, or social security number without their permission to commit fraud or other crimes
How to prevent Identity Theft
- Check your credit report and use sites that regularly update you when your credit score changes or new inquiries appear on your report
- Watch your card statements each month as they arrive for unauthorized transactions
- Keep your social security card and other identifying information in a safe place
- Update your software on your computer and mobile devices regularly and be sure to use anti-virus software
- Do not respond to unsolicited or spam emails