FirstOak Bank is actively monitoring the coronavirus outbreak, and will make every effort to
maintain normal work hours during this crisis. However, management recognizes that there are
circumstances when this may not be advisable as the safety and welfare of our employees and
customers is our first priority. We will maintain close communication with local health officials
and other banking partners to continue to monitor this challenging situation.
At this time, no immediate changes in services are expected as there are no suspected or
confirmed cases of the virus in the locations of our banks. The Centers for Disease Control and
Prevention (CDC) has provided the following guidance for the best methods of protecting
against possible infection:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth [with unwashed hands].
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces [such as your laptop or cell
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to
the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least
60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are potentially dirty.”
Hand sanitizers are located in the lobbies of all bank locations and other cleaning precautions are
being taken to aid in maintaining a healthy work environment. We will continue to keep a watch on
daily events and alerts from the CDC and will provide you with updates and additional guidance as